Hanging out with "No $hAkInG"........

"Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be.” - Henry David Thoreau - American Essayist (1817-1862)

20 June, 2006

Just asking a simple innocent question..........

I'm sure you must have said it too, or even come across some one who has asked you a silly question (or made a stament) before or a retort that was equally silly.

Here goes.........

Man comes back home after work to meet wifey at home. He opens the door, wifey sees hubby stepping into the living room....

Wifey: Honey, you're home.
Hubby: No, I'm still parking my car outside.

Two friends: Fred: Can we arrange to meet tomorrow?
Richard: You mean next day?

And this is one of my favourite. Why is it that when a person wakes up from sleeping, someone still asks Are you awake? (mmmm.....I guess he could be sleep walking whislt making coffee in the kitchen) Or you nudge someone sleeping on the sofa (who was snoring loudly) and you say to them.....

"Bro, can you go and sleep in the room?"
"I wasn't sleeping"

I recall an incident a friend told me when he went to the states. He was speaking to this guy and the following conversation ensues.......
"Where you from?"
"I'm from England"
"Really?" (duh! remove your ear wax, he didn't say Pakistan)
"hmmm"
"Do you know Dave?"

Check this one out...... White guy to black african guy.

White guy: I'm sorry to have to ask this, but I heard you guys live in tall trees, is that true?" Black guy: yes, its true.
White guy: Oh my gosh....I thought you might be offended. But....forgive me for asking, but how do you guys get up there?
Black guy: oh...it's no problem. We simple take the lifts.

The silliest is when you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, donut? Or When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No to$ser, I paid £8 to come to the cinema and stare at the floor.

Here is another one....

Guy: When are you expecting?
Woman: Am not. I'm fat.

PC to naija guy (stopped for traffic offence)

PC: Can you identify yourself, please?

Naija: Who? You mean me? (A naija person is not truly naija unless he reponds to a question with a question)
PC: Yes sir
(Naija man takes PC to side mirror of car and says to PC): "That's me"

Techical analyst: I understand your PC is not working
User: If it was working I wouldn't have to call you.

Technical analyst: Ok. Has your PC got any power.
User: No. It's not switched on at the mains.

Here is another one.....

"I've got three birds, a monkey and er....a hamster"
"Gosh....what a collection. Do they all make noise?"

Guy to (identical -note the emphasis) twin sisters. "Are you twins?"

Ohhhh......I love these kind of people. They sometimes make your day rock.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

lol~~ funny. I take it these all didn't happen today right?

8:42 pm  
Blogger Tunde Adeleye (Africa's #1 Educational Consultant) said...

Vixen,

Noooooo........not at all.
How u doing with your good self?

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cut and paste abi? *eyeroll*

3:37 am  
Blogger Tunde Adeleye (Africa's #1 Educational Consultant) said...

Jummy,

Go and sit down already. U stalking me again right?
How u doing anyway? :-0

2:58 pm  
Blogger Olawunmi said...

PC to naija guy (stopped for traffic offence)

PC: Can you identify yourself, please?

Naija: Who? You mean me? (A naija person is not truly naija unless he reponds to a question with a question)
PC: Yes sir
(Naija man takes PC to side mirror of car and says to PC): "That's me"

lol!!!

12:25 pm  
Blogger Ms. Catwalq said...

My favourite one is the one with the naija guy being asked to identify himself.
Precious

6:59 am  
Blogger ? said...

Greetings!
This is only to reserve a seat here and I will be back to comment properly after exploring this excellent blog.
Ill be back. However, just in case I am taking too long, please give me a shout.
See you shortly.

9:14 pm  
Blogger Tunde Adeleye (Africa's #1 Educational Consultant) said...

Hey Pseudo,

I look fwd to having you back.

12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home